Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Hornbeck Research Log

Question I am asking:

Where did my grandfather Roy Alonzo Hornbeck go after my dad was born?

My attempts to answer this through research:

I know that Roy Alonzo Hornbeck was born in Poplar Bluff, Missouri on January 4, 1926 to Alonzo and Ethel Hornbeck.

Alonzo and Ethel (Snooks) Hornbeck also had eight other children as of 1930, probably had more children born after 1930, since they were young. Alonzo and Ethel were 18 and 13 years old when they married. I found their affidavit of parental consent to be married from 1912. Alonzo's dad is “F.C. Hornbeck” and Ethel's mother is Mary Nichols.

I do not know which children are still living and which children are not- not even my grandfather Roy Hornbeck, but as of 1930, the children were Martha; born 1918, Charley; born 1918, Leo; born 1920, Matillda; born 1922, Irene and Pauline; born 1924, Roy; born 1926, Alta; born 1928, and Alfread Hornbeck; born 1929.


Roy was married before my grandma Betty. I do not know her name, where they married and divorced, whether or not they had children.

He was then married to Betty Grimes 1958 and divorced her 1962. They had one son, Michael Jay Hornbeck- my dad.

I found Roy again in Texas appearing on a birth record in 1964 as father of Roger Preston Hornbeck alongside Anna Pearl Rhodes. I haven't found marriage information or divorce information between Roy and Anna, but the birth record I found states them as a married couple. I messaged a few possible Roger Hornbecks.

Roy's last known address is as of 1992 in Foley, Missouri. If he is living, Roy is 84 years old now. My best guess is he is living in the greater St.Louis area. The problem is... that's a pretty big metropolitan area. I still need to narrow my search down further.

Conclusion:

I still do not know where Roy is, just where he has been. I did discover that I have an uncle named Roger Hornbeck. I always knew my dad had half-siblings out there somewhere... it is just strange to suddenly have a name for one of them. I am hoping that one of the Roger Hornbecks that I contacted is the right one and they are able to tell me where I can find Roy.

No comments:

Post a Comment